Involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident and not sure what to do? At Haldimand Physiotherapy Centre we can help make the process easier!
- Inform your insurance company of the accident and any injuries. The insurance company will then send you an Accident Benefits package in the mail to be completed.
- If you have injuries from your accident you can call us at (905) 765-5449 to book with a Physiotherapist right away. You do not need a referral from your family doctor to start therapy. It is important to make a check up with your doctor but you do not need to wait until your family doctor has seen you to commence therapy. The quicker that you can get an assessment the better and easier you will recover. Waiting can prolong the healing process.
- At your initial assessment the Physiotherapist will complete a one hour assessment as well as provide treatment on the same day. If you are feeling like you have only minor injuries the best thing for you to do is have an assessment to determine if a Physiotherapist can help. There is no fee to you as the insurance company will pay for the assessment.
- Our staff can also help you to complete the Accident Benefit Package that the insurance company sent you in the mail and make sure your claim is started correctly. This paperwork can be very time consuming… let us help you and save the stress!!
- Upon completion of your initial assessment the Physiotherapist will determine the proper therapy strategy for your individual needs and complete a detailed treatment plan to the insurance company. This treatment plan will inform the insurance company of the findings from your assessment and ask for approval from the insurance company to pay for your proposed treatment. There is no cost to you and we will commence therapy as soon as we get approval from your insurance company that they will pay for treatment.
Recent literature shows that physiotherapy treatment can help to speed up the recovery process. Delaying your assessment may also delay your healing. Check with your local physiotherapists at Haldimand Physiotherapy Centre to see if they can help.
*Haldimand Physiotherapy Centre is a licensed service provider with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.